Stick-to-Skin Applications — The Basics
Our product managers are experts at choosing and sourcing the right adhesive for your specific application. From a 1-hour wear skin contacting adhesive to a 21+ day wear adhesive and everything in between, our network of world-class medical grade adhesive, film and hydrogel manufacturers allows us to select the right material to fit your needs. Let us solve your next challenging skin-to-skin application!
Just some products we’ve produced over the years include:
- Wound care dressings
- Antimicrobial wound dressing wraps for military
- Suture strips
- Surgical drapes
- Custom body worn sensors for cardiac arrhythmia
- IV securement
- Custom bandage for veterinarian application-solved challenge of bandage securement with presence of large amount of hair
- Various device fixation disposables
See the full list of examples in the table below.
Pepin Manufacturing can utilize specialty materials including absorbent gauzes, foams, hydrogels, films and release liners in conjunction with our diverse medical device contract manufacturing capabilities.
A brief sampling the medical-grade adhesives we work with :
- Acrylic adhesives for long term wear
- Silicone adhesives for low trauma
- Synthetic rubber adhesives for high initial tack
- Conductive hydrogels
- Hydrocolloids adhesives for long term wear and moisture resistance
- Conductive pressure sensitive adhesives
For more information on our medical disposable manufacturing process, please contact us or refer to the table below.
Stick-to-Skin Applications' Highlights
- Acrylic, Silicone, Rubber, Hydrocolloid, Hydrogel, Conductive
- Product Examples
- Wound dressings, suture strips, wearable sensors, custom electrodes,
transdermal drug delivery patches, negative wound pressure patches,
defibrillator pads and many more custom tailored to customer’s application.
- Low trauma, long term wear (up to 7 days), breathable, water resistant,
bodily fluid resistant, repositionable, low surface energy (LSE), high surface
energy, (HSE), conductive, dielectric, gentle removal, anti-microbial,
hydrophobic, hydrophilic, permanent, reflective, translucent, anti-slip, low
sensitization, low MVTR, high MVTR and absorbant.
- Nonwoven, foam, vinyl, polyurethane, polyethylene and many others
available upon request.
- Adhesive Construction
- Single coated, double coated, transfer
- Liner Types
- White kraft paper, polyester and speciality liners available upon request
- Adhesives compatible with ethylene oxide, gamma and e-beam
- Quality Standards
- Adhesives meet all ISO-13485 quality standards and pass all biocompatibility
testing for direct skin contact